Location: Altamonte Springs, Florida
Phone: 1 (855) 245-3752
Email: Email Me
Michael Brehne is a 19 year resident of Florida hailing from East Brunswick, NJ. He is a graduate of the University of Florida and has served this community as a police officer in several capacities. Mr. Brehne began his law enforcement career as a sworn Auxiliary State Trooper with the Florida Highway Patrol while attending the University of Florida. He was primarily assigned to road patrol duties, but served on several special duty assignments such as narcotics interdiction and fugitive apprehension squads that included a canine.
Upon graduation, Mr. Brehne sought full time employment with the Orlando, Florida Police Department where he graduated first in his academy class. Mr. Brehne’s first assignment was in road patrol where he received numerous citations and commendations for bravery and for reducing crime within his district. He served as a senior field training officer for new academy graduates and he was a member of the Emergency Response Team and a firearms instructor. After three years, Mr. Brehne was promoted to Detective where he served as an investigator in the Drug Enforcement Division.
In 1994, Mr. Brehne began his legal studies at Mercer University School of Law in Macon, GA. By the end of his first year, Mr. Brehne was selected as a Moot Court team member and competed in national moot court competitions. In addition, Mr. Brehne was selected as a member of the Mercer Law Review and was awarded an academic scholarship in his third year of law school. He graduated May, 1997 in the top 17th out of a class of 141.
Mr. Brehne is admitted to the Florida Bar and was admitted to the Federal Bar in the Middle District of Florida. He is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, Seminole County Bar, American Association for Justice and the Florida Justice Association formally the Association of Florida Trial Lawyers. He is a civil justice attorney who has litigated hundreds of personal injury, insurance, workers’ compensation, false arrest and police misconduct cases.
Mr. Brehne has two children. They live in Apopka. Mr. Brehne was an adjunct professor at Florida Metropolitan University in Orlando where he lectured on Legal Writing, Business Law and Criminology. He enjoys the beach, exercising and Florida Gator Football.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- False Arrest
- Motorcycle Litigation
- Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. – 1997
- Law Review: Mercer University Law Review, Member
- University of Florida
- B.A. – 1989
- Mr. Brehne attended a conference Legislative and Case Law Updates for Family Lawyers in February 2009
- Mr. Brehne attended a conference on Collection Law Practice in February 2009
Honors and Awards
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Member, Mercer Law Review
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Seminole County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Association of Florida Trial Lawyers, Member
- Eagle Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Florida Metropolitan University, Legal Studies Department, Adjunct Professor